Bo Xilai’s Son Bo Guagua Denies Returning to Beijing
According to the New York Times, Bo Guagua, the
son of disgraced Chongqing party secretary Bo Xilai,
sent emails to Huang Anwei, their reporter in Beijing.
The emails denied Bo Guagua having returned to China.
Tania Branigan, a reporter from The Guardian, tweeted
on Monday that Bo Guagua told The Guardian that
‘the news of his arrival in China’ is completely without basis.”
Prior to this, The Daily Telegraph reported
that Bo Guagua had returned to China.
The report cited a source in Chongqing that
“Bo Guagua flew back to Beijing last week.
He stepped into a police car as soon as he landed
and is most probably with the investigation team now.
He could potentially appear in court.”
The report said that the source has repeatedly provided
accurate information on the saga around the Bo family.
The Daily Telegraph cited a netizen journalist Lao Rong,
that he had heard Bo Guagua has returned to China.
UK Media Report Possible Bo Xilai Trial Before 18th National Congress
On Oct. 15, The Times newspaper cited well-connected
sources, stating that “there was a ‘good probability’ that Bo would be indicted within days.
The source also reported that the trial and sentencing
could take place before the 18th Congress opens on Nov. 8.”
The report also cited a source that it
was too soon to expect an indictment.
The report cited sources that internal party pressure
for a “quick and early” trial of Bo Xilai had mounted
rapidly since the announcement on September 28
that he had been expelled from the party.
The Times stated that “it remains unknown what
charges Bo will face, or how fiercely he will be punished.
Some lawyers have suggested that Bo may
receive a sentence crafted to mean that he will remain behind bars for the rest of his life.”