美國45任總統川普:最好的還遠遠未到來

FacebookPrintFont Size簡體

【新唐人北京時間2021年01月21日訊】THE PRESIDENT: My fellow Americans:
川普總統:我的美國同胞們:
Four years ago, we launched a great national effort to rebuild our country,
四年前 我們開始了偉大的重建國家的努力
to renew its spirit, and to restore the allegiance of this government to its citizens.
重振我們的精神 恢復政府對公民的忠誠
In short, we embarked on a mission to make America great again — for all Americans.
簡而言之 我們開始了讓美國再次偉大的使命 這是對所有美國人的承諾
As I conclude my term as the 45th President of the United States
在我結束美國第45任總統任期之際
I stand before you truly proud of what we have achieved together.
我站在你們面前為我們共同取得的成就感到真正的自豪
We did what we came here to do — and so much more.
我們做了這屆政府要做的事情 – 還遠遠不止
This week, we inaugurate a new administration
本週 一屆新的政府將宣示就職
and pray for its success in keeping America safe and pros
我們爲之祈禱 希望它能成功的保障美國的安全與繁榮
We extend our best wishes, and we also want them to have luck — a very important word.
我們致以最良好的祝愿 我們也希望他們好運 – 這是一個非常重要的詞
I’d like to begin by thanking just a few of the amazing people who made our remarkable journey possible.
首先 我要感謝一些使我們的非凡之旅成為可能的傑出人士
First, let me express my overwhelming gratitude for the love and support of our spectacular First Lady, Melania.
首先 我要表達對我們出色的第一夫人梅拉尼亞所給予的愛與支持表示衷心感謝
Let me also share my deepest appreciation to my daughter Ivanka, my son-in-law Jared, and to Barron, Don, Eric, Tiffany, and Lara.
讓我表達對我的女兒伊凡卡 女婿賈瑞德以及 巴倫 小唐納德 埃瑞克 蒂凡尼 和拉拉表示最深切的感謝
You fill my world with light and with joy.
你們讓我的世界充滿光明和喜悅
I also want to thank Vice President Mike Pence, his wonderful wife Karen, and the entire Pence family.
我還要感謝副總統邁克·彭斯 他出色的妻子凱倫 和整個彭斯家族
Thank you as well to my Chief of Staff, Mark Meadows
我還要感謝我的白宮幕僚長馬克·梅多斯(Mark Meadows)
the dedicated members of the White House Staff and the Cabinet;
盡職的白宮工作人員和內閣成員
and all the incredible people across our administration who poured out their heart and soul to fight for America.
以及我們政府中所有不可思議的人 他們全心全意為美國而戰
I also want to take a moment to thank a truly exceptional group of people: the United States Secret Service.
我還想花一點時間感謝一群真正傑出的人:美國特勤局
My family and I will forever be in your debt.
我和我的家人將永遠感激不盡
My profound gratitude as well to everyone in the White House Military Office, the teams of Marine One and Air Force One
我也對白宮軍事辦公室的每個人 海軍陸戰隊一號 和空軍一號的團隊
every member of the Armed Forces, and state and local law enforcement all across our country.
武裝部隊的每個成員 全國各州和地方執法部門 深表謝意
Most of all, I want to thank the American people.
最重要的是 我要感謝美國人民
To serve as your President has been an honor beyond description.
擔任你們的總統是無以言喻的榮耀
Thank you for this extraordinary privilege. And that’s what it is — a great privilege and a great honor.
感謝你們給予(我)這份殊榮 這是莫大的榮幸和榮耀
We must never forget that while Americans will always have our disagreements,
我們永遠不能忘記 儘管美國人總是有分歧
we are a nation of incredible, decent, faithful, and peace-loving citizens
但我們是一個由令人難以置信的 優秀的 忠實的 以及愛好和平的公民組成的國家
who all want our country to thrive and flourish and be very, very successful and good.
他們都希望我們的國家蓬勃發展 繁榮昌盛 並非常非常的成功和美好
We are a truly magnificent nation.
我們是一個真正偉大的國家
All Americans were horrified by the assault on our Capitol.
所有美國人對國會大廈所遭遇的襲擊感到震驚
Political violence is an attack on everything we cherish as Americans. It can never be tolerated.
政治暴力 是對我們作為美國人所珍視的一切的攻擊 絕不能容忍
Now more than ever, we must unify around our shared values
今天 我們比以往任何時候都更加需要 在我們的共同價值觀基礎上達成統一
and rise above the partisan rancor, and forge our common destiny.
超越黨派仇恨 鑄就我們的共同命運
Four years ago, I came to Washington as the only true outsider ever to win the presidency.
四年前 我來到華盛頓 是美國有史以來贏得總統職位的 唯一一個真正的「局外人」
I had not spent my career as a politician,
我在職業生涯中從沒有做過政治家
but as a builder looking at open skylines and imagining infinite possibilities.
而是建築商 看著開放的天際線並想像無限的可能性
I ran for President because I knew
我競選總統是因為我知道
there were towering new summits for America just waiting to be scaled
美國正面臨新的機遇 正等待升上新的巔峰
I knew the potential for our nation was boundless as long as we put America first.
我知道 只要我們把美國放在首位 我們國家的潛力是無限的
So I left behind my former life and stepped into a very difficult arena,
因此 我拋下過去的生活 踏入了一個非常艱難的競技場
but an arena nevertheless, with all sorts of potential if properly done.
但是無論如何, 如果我們能夠做好的話 美國仍然這個競技場將具有各種各樣的潛力
America had given me so much, and I wanted to give something back.
美國讓我收益太多 我想回饋一些
Together with millions of hardworking patriots across this land,
我們與這片土地上數百萬勤奮的愛國者一起
we built the greatest political movement in the history of our country.
從事了我國歷史上最偉大的政治運動
We also built the greatest economy in the history of the world.
我們還創造了世界歷史上最強大的經濟
It was about “America First” because we all wanted to make America great again.
這是關於「美國優先」的事情 因為我們都想使美國再次偉大
We restored the principle that a nation exists to serve its citizens.
我們重申了一個原則 國家的存在是為了服務於它的人民
Our agenda was not about right or left, it wasn’t about Republican or Democrat,
我們的施政計劃不是關於左或右 不是關於共和黨或民主黨
but about the good of a nation, and that means the whole nation.
而是關於這個國家的利益 是整個國家的利益
With the support and prayers of the American people, we achieved more than anyone thought possible.
在美國人民的支持和祈禱下 我們取得了令所有人都意想不到的成就
nobody thought we could even come close.
更沒有人能想像我們其實可以做到這麼好
We passed the largest package of tax cuts and reforms in American history.
我們通過了美國歷史上規模最大的減稅和改革方案
We slashed more job-killing regulations than any administration had ever done before.
我們大幅度削減了造成工作機會流失的法規 我們比以往任何政府做得都多
We fixed our broken trade deals
我們解決了不合理的貿易協議
withdrew from the horrible Trans-Pacific Partnership and the impossible Paris Climate Accord,
退出了可怕的《跨太平洋夥伴關係》和不可能的《巴黎氣候協定》
renegotiated the one-sided South Korea deal,
對單邊美韓國協議重新進行談判
and we replaced NAFTA with the groundbreaking USMCA — that’s Mexico and Canada
並用開創性的「美墨加協定」—— 即墨西哥和加拿大 取代了「北美自由貿易協定」
a deal that’s worked out very, very well.
該交易非常非常成功。
Also, and very importantly, we imposed historic and monumental tariffs on China;
同樣 而且非常重要的是 我們對中國征收了歷史性的關稅
made a great new deal with China.
與中國達成了一項新的重大協議
But before the ink was even dry, we and the whole world got hit with the China virus.
但是在墨汁未乾之前 我們以及全世界都遭到了中國病毒的襲擊
Our trade relationship was rapidly changing, billions and billions of dollars were pouring into the U.S.,
我們和中國的貿易關係當時正快速發生着改變 數十億美元湧入美國
but the virus forced us to go in a different direction. The whole world suffered,
但是病毒迫使我們改變了方向 全世界都遭受了苦難
but America outperformed other countries economically because of our incredible economy and the economy that we built.
但由於我們在病毒來襲之前建立起來的強勁的經濟 美國的經濟表現超過其他國家
Without the foundations and footings, it wouldn’t have worked out this way.
如果在這之前沒有一個好的基礎 目前的情況就不是現在這樣幸運了
We wouldn’t have some of the best numbers we’ve ever had.
我們將無法擁有我們所獲得的某些最好的經濟數字
We also unlocked our energy resources and became the world’s number-one producer of oil and natural gas by far.
我們還開放了能源資源 並成為了迄今為止世界上最大的石油和天然氣生產國
Powered by these policies, we built the greatest economy in the history of the world.
在這些政策的推動下 我們建立了世界歷史上最強大的經濟
We reignited America’s job creation and
我們重新點燃了美國的就業機會
achieved record-low unemployment for African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans, women — almost everyone.
並為非洲裔美國人 西班牙裔美國人 亞裔美國人 和婦女——幾乎所有人 創造了破紀錄的低失業率
Incomes soared, wages boomed, the American Dream was restored, and millions were lifted from poverty in just a few short years.
在短短的幾年內 收入猛增 工資猛增 美國夢恢復 數百萬人擺脫了貧困
It was a miracle.
這是一個奇蹟
The stock market set one record after another, with 148 stock market highs during this short period of time,
股市則創下了一個又一個的新高 在短時間內 共創下了148個股市高點
and boosted the retirements and pensions of hardworking citizens all across our nation.
提振了全美辛勤工作的公民的退休與養老金
401(k)s are at a level they’ve never been at before.
401(k)處於前所未有的水平
We’ve never seen numbers like we’ve seen, and that’s before the pandemic and after the pandemic.
不管是在中共病毒大流行之前和之後 我們都從未見過這樣的數字
We rebuilt the American manufacturing base, opened up thousands of new factories,
我們重建了美國製造的基地 開設了數千家新工廠
and brought back the beautiful phrase: “Made in the USA.”
並帶回了久違的一個美麗的短語:「美國製造」
To make life better for working families, we doubled the child tax credit
為了使辛勤工作的美國家庭生活得更好 我們將兒童稅收抵免額增加了一倍
and signed the largest-ever expansion of funding for childcare and development.
並簽署了有史以來最大的兒童保育和發展資金計劃
We joined with the private sector to secure commitments to train more than 16 million American workers for the jobs of tomorrow.
我們與私營部門聯手 確保為超過1600萬美國工人提供未來工作所需的技能培訓
When our nation was hit with the terrible pandemic,
當我們的國家遭受可怕的病毒大流行襲擊時
we produced not one, but two vaccines with record-breaking speed, and more will quickly follow.
我們生產的不是一種疫苗 而是兩種破紀錄的疫苗 都是以破紀錄的速度生產出來 而且很快就會生產更多
They said it couldn’t be done but we did it.
他們說這無法完成 但我們做到了
They call it a “medical miracle,” and that’s what they’re calling it right now: a “medical miracle.”
他們稱其為「醫學奇蹟」而這就是他們現在所說的:「醫學奇蹟」
Another administration would have taken 3, 4, 5, maybe even up to 10 years to develop a vaccine.
另一個政府可能需要3、4、5,甚至長達10年的時間才能開發出疫苗
We did in nine months.
可我們在九個月內做到了
We grieve for every life lost,
我們為失去的每一個生命感到悲痛
and we pledge in their memory to wipe out this horrible pandemic once and for all.
我們保證將一勞永逸地在他們的記憶中永遠地消除這一可怕的流行
When the virus took its brutal toll on the world’s economy,
當病毒給世界經濟造成重創時
we launched the fastest economic recovery our country has ever seen.
我們啟動了我國有史以來最快的經濟復甦
We passed nearly $4 trillion in economic relief, saved or supported over 50 million jobs,
我們通過了將近4萬億美元的經濟救濟 挽救或支持了5千萬個工作崗
and slashed the unemployment rate in half. These are numbers that our country has never seen before.
並將失業率減少了一半 這是我國從未有過的數字
We created choice and transparency in healthcare,
我們在醫療保健領域創造了選擇權和透明度
stood up to big pharma in so many ways, but especially in our effort to get favored-nations clauses added,
在許多方面都與大型製藥公司抗衡 特別在加入最惠國待遇條款的努力中
which will give us the lowest prescription drug prices anywhere in the world.
這個條款將使我們享有全世界最低的處方藥價格
We passed VA Choice, VA Accountability, Right to Try,
我們通過了退伍軍人選擇法案 退伍軍人責任法案 危重病人試用新藥法案
and landmark criminal justice reform.
和具有里程碑意義的刑事司法改革
We confirmed three new justices of the United States Supreme Court.
我們確認了美國最高法院的三名新法官
We appointed nearly 300 federal judges to interpret our Constitution as written.
我們任命了將近300名聯邦法官來解釋我們的憲法
For years, the American people pleaded with Washington to finally secure the nation’s borders.
多年來 美國人民懇求華盛頓確保國家邊界的安全
I am pleased to say we answered that plea and achieved the most secure border in U.S. history.
我很高興地說 我們回應了這個呼籲 並實現了美國歷史上最安全的邊界
We have given our brave border agents and heroic ICE officers the tools they need to do their jobs
我們已經為勇敢的邊防人員和英勇的海關官員提供了他們需要的工具
better than they have ever done before, and to enforce our laws and keep America safe.
這些比以往更好的工具 幫助我們的執法人員執行法律 維護美國的國家安全
We proudly leave the next administration with the strongest and most robust border security measures ever put into place.
在離任的今天 我們非常自豪地 為下屆政府留下有史以來最強大 最有力的邊境安全措施留給後人而自豪
This includes historic agreements with Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador,
這包括與墨西哥 危地馬拉 洪都拉斯 和薩爾瓦多的歷史性協定
along with more than 450 miles of powerful new wall.
以及超過450英里的強大新牆
We restored American strength at home and American leadership abroad.
我們恢復了美國在國內的實力 和美國在國際上的領導地位
The world respects us again. Please don’t lose that respect.
世界再次尊重我們 請不要失去這份尊重
We reclaimed our sovereignty by standing up for America at the United Nations and withdrawing from the one-sided global deals that never served our interests.
我們通過捍衛美國在聯合國的立場 並退出了不符合我們利益的單邊全球協議 收回了我們的主權
And NATO countries are now paying hundreds of billions of dollars more than when I arrived just a few years ago.
北約國家現在付出的錢 比其幾年前我剛上任時 要多出數千億美元
It was very unfair. We were paying the cost for the world. Now the world is helping us.
這是非常不公平的 我們曾為世界的花費買單付出代價 現在世界正在幫助我們
And perhaps most importantly of all, with nearly $3 trillion, we fully rebuilt the American military — all made in the USA.
也許最重要的是 我們以近3萬億美元的價格 全面重建了美國軍隊 – 全部的美式裝備都是美國製造
We launched the first new branch of the United States Armed Forces in 75 years: the Space Force.
75年來 我們啟動了美國武裝部隊的第一個新分支: 太空部隊
And last spring, I stood at Kennedy Space Center in Florida
去年春天 我站在佛羅里達州的肯尼迪航天中心
and watched as American astronauts returned to space on American rockets for the first time in many, many years.
觀看美國宇航員多年來第一次乘坐美國火箭返回太空
We revitalized our alliances and rallied the nations of the world to stand up to China like never before.
我們重振聯盟並團結世界各國的聯盟 以前所未有的方式站起來共同對抗中共國
We obliterated the ISIS caliphate and ended the wretched life of its founder and leader, al Baghdadi.
我們消滅了伊斯蘭國的哈里發 並結束了其創始人和領導人巴格達迪可悲的人生
We stood up to the oppressive Iranian regime and killed the world’s top terrorist, Iranian butcher Qasem Soleimani.
我們強硬的面對對抗暴虐的伊朗政權 殺死了世界上最大的恐怖分子 伊朗屠夫卡塞姆·蘇萊馬尼(Qasem Soleimani)
We recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and recognized Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights.
我們承認耶路撒冷為以色列的首都 並承認以色列對戈蘭高地的主權
As a result of our bold diplomacy and principled realism, we achieved a series of historic peace deals in the Middle East.
由於我們大膽的外交和有原則的現實主義 我們在中東達成了一系列歷史性的和平協議
Nobody believed it could happen.
沒有人相信這些會實現
The Abraham Accords opened the doors to a future of peace and harmony, not violence and bloodshed.
《亞伯拉罕協定》為和平與和諧的未來打開了大門 而不再是暴力與流血的未來
It is the dawn of a new Middle East, and we are bringing our soldiers home.
這是新中東的曙光 我們正在把士兵帶回家
I am especially proud to be the first President in decades who has started no new wars.
讓我尤其感到自豪的是,我成為幾十年來第一位沒有發動新戰爭的總統 我為此感到特別自豪
Above all, we have reasserted the sacred idea that, in America, the government answers to the people.
最重要的是 我們重申了這樣一個神聖的原則理念:在美國 政府對人民負責
Our guiding light, our North Star, our unwavering conviction has been that
這是我們的方向 我們的指引之光 我們的北極星 和我們堅定的信念是:
we are here to serve the noble everyday citizens of America.
我們在這裡 我們 是為美國尊貴的普通公民服務
Our allegiance is not to the special interests, corporations,
我們不效忠於特殊利益集團 公司
or global entities; it’s to our children, our citizens, and to our nation itself.
或全球實體 我們對我們的子孫後代 我們的公民以及我們國家本身負責
As President, my top priority, my constant concern, has always been the best interests of American workers and American families.
作為總統 我的首要任務 我一直關注的是保護美國工人 和美國家庭的最大利益
I did not seek the easiest course; by far, it was actually the most difficult.
我沒有尋求捷徑 到目前為止 我選擇了最艱難的路徑道路
I did not seek the path that would get the least criticism.
我沒有尋求最少受到批評的道路
I took on the tough battles, the hardest fights, the most difficult choices because that’s what you elected me to do.
我選擇了艱苦的戰役 最艱苦的搏鬥抗爭 和最艱難的選擇 因為那是您期待你們選我當總統所期盼的
Your needs were my first and last unyielding focus.
你們的要求是我的第一個也是最後一個不屈的目標焦點
This, I hope, will be our greatest legacy: Together, we put the American people back in charge of our country.
我希望這將是我們最偉大的遺產:我們共同使美國人民重新掌管我們的國家
We restored self-government. We restored the idea that in America no one is forgotten,
我們恢復了自治 我們提醒國人恢復這一理念 在美國這裏 沒有人應該被遺忘
because everyone matters and everyone has a voice
因為每個人都很重要 每個人都有發言權
We fought for the principle that every citizen is entitled to equal dignity, equal treatment,
我們爭取的原則是 每個公民都享有平等的尊嚴 平等的待遇和平等的權利而奮鬥
and equal rights because we are all made equal by God.
因為我們在上帝面前是平等的
Everyone is entitled to be treated with respect, to have their voice heard, and to have their government listen.
人人有權受到尊重 有權發出自己的聲音 並有權讓政府聽到傾聽自己的聲音
You are loyal to your country, and my administration was always loyal to you.
你們忠於你們的國家 我的政府一直忠於你們
We worked to build a country in which every citizen could find a great job and support their wonderful families.
我們致力於建設一個國家 在這裏每個公民都能找到一份好工作 並養育支持自己的美好家庭的國家
We fought for the communities where every American could be safe and schools where every child could learn.
我們為建設每個美國人都感覺安全的社區 和每個孩子都可以學習的學校 而奮鬥
We promoted a culture where our laws would be upheld,
我們倡導了一種文化 在這種文化中 我們的法律將得到維護
our heroes honored, our history preserved, and law-abiding citizens are never taken for granted.
我們的英雄受到尊敬 我們的歷史得以保存 守法公民不會吃虧
Americans should take tremendous satisfaction in all that we have achieved together. It’s incredible.
全體美國人應該對我們共同取得的成就感到自豪 這一切太不可思議了
Now, as I leave the White House
現在 當我離開白宮時
I have been reflecting on the dangers that threaten the priceless inheritance we all share.
我一直在思考 那些威脅著我們共享的無價遺產的各種危險
As the world’s most powerful nation, America faces constant threats and challenges from abroad.
作為世界上最強大的國家 美國不斷面臨來自國外的威脅和挑戰
But the greatest danger we face is a loss of confidence in ourselves, a loss of confidence in our national greatness.
但是 我們面臨的最大危險是對自己的喪失信心 對我們國家的偉大喪失信心
A nation is only as strong as its spirit. We are only as dynamic as our pride.
一個民族只有精神強大 民族才強大 我們只有充滿自豪(自信) 我們才能充滿活力
We are only as vibrant as the faith that beats in the hearts of our people.
只有讓堅定的信念長存於我們人民的心中 我們的社會才會充滿活力
No nation can long thrive that loses faith in its own values, history, and heroes,
沒有哪個對自己的價值觀 歷史和英雄失去信心的國家 能夠長期繁榮昌盛
for these are the very sources of our unity and our vitality.
因為這些正是我們團結和活力的真正源泉
What has always allowed America to prevail and triumph over the great challenges of the past
使美國在過去的巨大挑戰中取得勝利的
has been an unyielding and unashamed conviction in the nobility of our country and its unique purpose in history.
始終是對我們國家的尊嚴和獨特的建國歷史 的堅定不移的信念
We must never lose this conviction. We must never forsake our belief in America.
我們決不能失去這種信念 我們決不能放棄對美國的信心
The key to national greatness lies in sustaining and instilling our shared national identity.
一個民族偉大的關鍵在於維持和灌輸其共同的國家認同感
That means focusing on what we have in common: the heritage that we all share.
這意味著關注我們的共同點:我們共享的遺產
At the center of this heritage is also a robust belief in free expression, free speech, and open debate.
這種傳承的核心也是對言論自由和公開辯論的堅定信念
Only if we forget who we are, and how we got here,
只有忘記了我們是誰 我們是如何走到今天的
could we ever allow political censorship and blacklisting to take place in America. It’s not even thinkable.
我們才可能允許在美國進行政治審查和建立黑名單 這對(在美國)簡直無法想像
Shutting down free and open debate violates our core values and most enduring traditions.
禁止自由的公開辯論違反了我們的核心價值觀 和最持久的傳統
In America, we don’t insist on absolute conformity
在美國 我們不堅持絕對的合規一致性
or enforce rigid orthodoxies and punitive speech codes.
也不執行僵化的正統觀念 或懲罰性的言語規範
We just don’t do that. America is not a timid nation of tame souls who need to be sheltered and
我們不這樣做 美國不是一個膽怯的國家 那種靈魂被馴服 需要被庇護 被保護
protected from those with whom we disagree. That’s not who we are. It will never be who we are.
以免受不同意見者的傷害(的國家) 但那不是我們 永遠不會是我們
For nearly 250 years, in the face of every challenge,
在將近250年的時間裡 在面對各種挑戰中
Americans have always summoned our unmatched courage, confidence, and fierce independence.
美國人一直召喚著我們無與倫比的勇氣 信心和強烈的獨立性
These are the miraculous traits that once led millions of everyday citizens to set out across a wild continent
這些都是奇蹟般的特徵 這些特徵曾經使數以百萬計的普通公民穿越荒野
and carve out a new life in the great West.
在美國西部開創新的生活
It was the same profound love of our God-given freedom that willed our soldiers into battle and our astronauts into space.
正是出於對上帝賦予的自由 同樣深切的熱愛 我們的士兵參戰 我們的宇航員進入太空
As I think back on the past four years, one image rises in my mind above all others.
當我回想過去的四年時 在我的腦海中浮現最多的畫面是
Whenever I traveled all along the motorcade route, there were thousands and thousands of people.
每當我沿著車隊路線行駛時 都會有成千上萬的人
They came out with their families so that they could stand as we passed,
他們和家人一起出來 以便在我們的車駛過時能站起來
and proudly wave our great American flag.
並自豪地揮舞著我們偉大的美國國旗
It never failed to deeply move me.
這種場景每每使我感動不已
I knew that they did not just come out to show their support of me;
我知道他們不僅僅是出來表達對我的支持
they came out to show me their support and love for our country.
他們還向我展示他們對我們國家的支持和熱愛
This is a republic of proud citizens
這是一個自豪公民組成的共和國
who are united by our common conviction that America is the greatest nation in all of history.
我們共同相信美國是歷史上最偉大的國家 並在這個基點上團結起來
We are, and must always be, a land of hope, of light, and of glory to all the world.
我們是而且必須永遠是世界的希望 光明和榮耀之地
This is the precious inheritance that we must safeguard at every single turn.
這些是我們在每一個歷史轉折點都必須維護的寶貴遺產
For the past four years, I have worked to do just that.
在過去的四年中 我一直致力於做到這一點
From a great hall of Muslim leaders in Riyadh to a great square of Polish people in Warsaw;
從利雅得的穆斯林領導人的大禮堂 到華沙的波蘭人民大廣場
from the floor of the Korean Assembly to the podium at the United Nations General Assembly;
從大韓民國大會席 到聯合國大會主席台
and from the Forbidden City in Beijing to the shadow of Mount Rushmore,
從北京的紫禁城 到拉什莫爾山的陰影
I fought for you, I fought for your family, I fought for our country.
我為你們而戰 我為你們的家人而戰 我為我們的國家而戰
Above all, I fought for America and all it stands for — and that is safe, strong, proud, and free.
最重要的是 我為美國及其所代表的一切而戰 —— 那就是安全 強大 自豪和自由
Now, as I prepare to hand power over to a new administration at noon on Wednesday,
現在 當我準備在周三中午將權力移交給新政府時
I want you to know that the movement we started is only just beginning. There’s never been anything like it.
我想讓您知道我們開啓的運動才剛剛開始 一個從未有過的事情
The belief that a nation must serve its citizens will not dwindle but instead only grow stronger by the day.
一個國家必須為公民服務的信念不應減少 而應該日趨強大
As long as the American people hold in their hearts deep and devoted love of country,
只要美國人民對國家擁有深切而堅定的愛
then there is nothing that this nation cannot achieve.
那麼就沒有任何力量能夠阻止這個國家實現她的理想
Our communities will flourish. Our people will be prosperous.
我們的社區將蓬勃發展 我們的人民將會繁榮富強
Our traditions will be cherished. Our faith will be strong.
我們的傳統將得到珍視 我們的信念將會堅定
And our future will be brighter than ever before.
我們的未來將比以往任何時候更加光明
I go from this majestic place with a loyal and joyful heart,
我從這個莊嚴的地方出發 懷著一顆忠誠而快樂的心
an optimistic spirit, and a supreme confidence that for our country and for our children, the best is yet to come.
一種樂觀的精神,以及一種至高無上的信念 即對我們的國家 和我們的子孫來說 最好的還遠遠未到來!
Thank you, and farewell. God bless you. God bless the United States of America.
謝謝大家,再見了!願上帝祝福你們 願上帝保佑美利堅合眾國。

相關文章
評論